This intensive two-day course is designed for those working in or leading teams, who need to understand Agile development principles, the benefits of Agile to an organisation and the crucial role they can play in supporting Agile teams across a business.
We will start with the fundamental principles of Agile and then work through a project from start to finish, learning the concepts and applying them step-by-step in a software development environment, You will:
- Learn to apply key Agile concepts, principles and vocabulary in a practical hands-on project
- Apply key components of Scrum to build working software
- Gain an understanding of the impact Agile has on an organisation's structure, roles and culture
- Learn new strategies for implementing and supporting Agile ways of working across teams
Day 1: Agile Principles
- Agile values and principles
- The Scrum framework
- The critical role of the Product Owner
- Planning and the Product Backlog
- Agile Estimation
- Planning and running Sprints
- Sprint review and retrospective
Day 2: Agile Teams
- Agile tracking and reporting
- Shaping an Agile organisation
- Role of leadership
- Portfolio management
- Strategies for Agile transformation
- Preventing common mistakes
Anyone who works with tech teams and wants to understand the essentials of Agile methodologies and practice, including:
- Digital/Development team members
- Project/Product Managers
- Business Managers/Administrators
- Legal/Accountancy professionals
- Marketing professionals
- Heath professionals
*10% early bird discount available until 31st August. To retrieve this discount, email admissions.
All equipment, software and materials are supplied
Tea/coffee and lunch provided.
NB. This course can also be delivered as a private course for teams from any one organisation, or as a 1-day or 2-day addition to our Coding for Professionals course. Please call us on (0131) 290 2600 for further information.
Next Edinburgh dates: 14th to 15th November.
Future dates: We'll be running this course again, so if you're interested in a later date, email admissions and we'll keep you in the loop.
Format: two-day intensive course
Times: 10:00-16:30 (with an hour for lunch)
- A working laptop (any operating system)
- To be comfortable using a computer and navigating the web
This course makes an excellent addition to our Understanding Programming course and can be offered to teams as a closed course. You will have the chance to work through a beginning-to-end software development project, making a perfect addition to the skills learnt in the Coding for Professionals course.
This course is led by Harvey Wheaton (CSM, CSP), an Agile practitioner and coach with over 10 years experience implementing and applying Agile across a wide variety of organisations and industries.