Turbo charge your data analysis
We're launching a series of five one-day courses to get you and your team familiar with R Programming. Either dive into all five days for the full learning experience or pick and choose between a selection of days, starting with “Intro to R”.
Location: CodeClan Edinburgh
Intro to R
By the end of the day participants will be able to:
- Understand the history of R and why it is useful to them
- Direct themselves around the R interface in an efficient way
- Import and export their own data from spreadsheets and a number of other data storages to R
- Summarise the data with R’s built in summary statistic functions
- Plot data in interesting ways
- Manipulate data in ways such that they can efficiently analyse data
- Introduction to R: A brief overview of the background and features of the R statistical programming system
- Data entry: A description of how to import and export data from R
- Data types: A summary of R’s data types
- R environment: A description of the R environment including the R working directory, creating/using scripts, saving data and results
- R graphics: Creating, editing and storing graphics in R
- Summary statistics: Measures of location and spread
- Manipulating data in R: Describing how data can be manipulated in R using logical operators
- Vector operations: Details of R’s vectors operations
Who is this course for?
No prior programming knowledge of any kind is assumed. This course is suitable for all fields of work. Previous attendees include biologists, statisticians, accountants, engineers and students - i.e., anyone who uses a spreadsheet! Participants should bring a laptop.
Dates: 12th October; 16th November
Additional R Programming courses coming soon:
Data Carpentry - 23rd November, cost: £400
R Programming - 30th November, cost: £400
Visualisation - 7th December, cost: £400
Machine Learning - 14th December, cost: £400
CodeClan and Jumping Rivers
We are proud to be working with Jumping Rivers to provide this R Programming course series. Jumping Rivers are a leading provider of R training courses to organisations throughout the UK and Europe. Their public R courses have attracted participants from around the world. They provide R training for postgraduate students at Newcastle and Bangor Universities, and have run on-site courses for organisations including Standard Life, The Royal Statistical Society, the NHS and MoD.